Destination Wedding Photographer
Heidi and Gerry have split residency between the U.S. and Mexico, which results in greater flexibility and an ever-evolving creativity in their wedding photography. Even though their primary residence in Historic Appleton, WI, they return to their second home in Mexico City in the winter to cover international events between Mexico City, The Mayan Riviera, Puerto Vallarta and San Miguel. They have also covered international weddings throughout Paris, London, Venice, Munich, and Barcelona! They crave the diversity of photographing different nationalities & denominations that makes each wedding unique & exciting!
Heidi & Gerry have lived throughout Mexico for over 18 years. They understand resort guidelines in planning a destination event and are your source for a successful wedding! Heidi & Gerardo are well acquainted with several beach towns such as Playa Del Carmen, Tulum, Isla Mujeres, Isla de Navidad, Ixtapa and Cabo just to name a few. They have also shot weddings all over the Caribbean, West Indies, Costa Rica & Europe and can honestly call themselves true “Destination Photographers”!
Team Teja are masters at taking you on an emotional photographic journey, capturing everything from spontaneous moments to relaxed, natural poses. They have the experience necessary to capture the most memorable wedding highlights as well as the “in-between” moments that others would miss.
The Professional Difference
- We are full time professional artists with 18 years experience documenting weddings throughout Mexico & beyond!
- We arrive several days prior to wedding so you can relax knowing were “there for you!” We feel its necessary to do a complete walk through of the property. We also love to be involved in helping our Brides select the best Ceremony location as well as other locations for photos after, such as going off property to capture the most spectacular pictures!
- We are not on a tight schedule, we are there for you! The advantage to having us stay at the same resort as you is that we are available when you need us! If you have a question, need to chat about wedding details, need to run into town, have a language barrier (we speak Spanish). There is always exciting photo opportunities of your group by the tiki bar or poolside. We are there for you!
- We cater to our Brides the entire week we are there ~ resort photographers simply do not offer a 1/4 of our services.
The truth about resort guidelines
- Most hotel workers multi task at these resorts and are not full time professional photographers. The only stay for 1 to 2 hours and do not capture salon, pre -bridal, journalistic candids, or reception images.
- We have witnessed wedding planners & officiants forget the marriage license, forget to call for transportation, show up intoxicated, send an asst not prepared and leave early before the reception. Not all wedding planners and coordinators are professionals and anyone can call themselves a planner without proper training or degree. I advise checking into trip adviser for the latest listing at your chosen hotel before booking.
- Many resorts tell their clients they must use one of their photographers and are not allowed to bring their own artist. *Solution~ simply decline their services & hire a whom you wish~ after all YOU are the Client! You do not owe the resort an explanation regarding your own wedding. If they ask, simply inform them that a friend will be taking pictures. Technically its not of their business.
- Most resort photography packages start around $3000 and include only 1 to 2 hours of service (you don’t get much for your money). Just the basics ~ Ceremony, Family & a quick 20 min session with the new bride & groom. They are on a tight schedule.
- Some hotels only include a low resolution CD of images while other do not include a CD at all, but a small selection of 4×6’s, your CD may be available at an “additional cost”… buyer beware.
- If possible, do a walk through the property a year or so before. Many wedding planners will stick you in a location they select based on the dozen of events they plan in a week not basing their decision on whats necessarily best for the Bride. Options usually include: a beach wedding, gazebo, dock, patio, air conditioned conference room, hill top, or cliff side. We have photographed weddings at 5 star resorts and seen wedding planners arrange ceremonies behind hotels near dumpsters without any descent view, gazebos that were not maintained and basically falling apart, pool side ceremonies in direct sun with loud music and rowdy guests, and peninsulas without walk ways.
- Most importantly wedding planners are NOT photographers and they do NOT watch the background when selecting locations. Their job is to sell multiple wedding packages and jam in as many brides as possible in 1 day.
Custom Effects & Camera Knowledge
The old saying is true ~ you get what you pay for. If photography or video is important to you our advice is to hire an experienced profession, after all you can’t re-do your day. With everything invested in a wedding ~ all you have left at the end are your pictures. Heidi & Gerry take care of their Brides before, during and after the wedding! Photography & travel is their passion! Think of all the moments that would be lost if Team Teja wasn’t there to capture them for you!
Coffee Table books
Team Teja only offers the best in Italian coffee table books! A book is not only for you to enjoy but to be passed down through the generations. Flush mount books differ from regular photo books because they are hand made on thick inner board with real silver halide photo paper giving them a professional touch and a gorgeous luster! Our pages don’t bend so they will always retain their shape! Our books have a coating that protects against spills and stains. They also have a “lay flat” design, which gives them stunning panoramic views.
Mess the Dress
Why not top off your wedding photography with an amazing mess the dress session. We call it Mess the Dress instead of Trash the Dress because we never throw paint or other damaging chemicals on your beautiful gown. We want to highlight you in a fun, playful and sexy way! Let us take you to a private lake, white sand beach, or alluring fountain. We have many secret locations in mind. Think of the conversations between you and your Grandchildren in 40 years! What a great excuse to wear your gorgeous dress again!